Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Paranormalcy

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Paranormalcy

By Kiersten White
Publication Date: August 31, 2010

From Goodreads:

Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone--or something--starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal.

Normal is so overrated.


Why I want this book:
First off, I have to talk about the cover. Everyone's heard that you should't judge a book by it's cover, but I don't mean to talk about it in that way. I simply want to point out that it is GORGEOUS. It's so mysterious and dark, and the mystique pink dress is stunning. The cover itself lures me in to wanting to find out more about this book.
Secondly, the teaser/summary fascinated me. Lately there has been an attack of paranormal books being published for young adults, and they were pretty much all the same, for the most part. But this is something different. It's not about a paranormal human with special freaky powers or inner beings inside of them who fall in love with a helpless human. This is about an agency that "bags & tags" paranormals? A girl who can see through their powers? Now there's something different. I can't wait to read this book. It is very promising, and my expectations are not willing to be disappointed.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

6 comments:

Little Miss Becky said...

This one is high on my list of most anticipated books!! One month to go!!

Jill said...

The cover IS gorgeous...nice pick! So glad you're participating in WoW!

danya said...

Yep, this one's on my list too! I hope it does break the mold of paranormal books.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This does have a great cover...hope you enjoy it.

Here's mine:

http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/waiting-on-wednesday-20/

Ava said...

I'm excited for this book too!
And nice blog, by the way. :)

Nat said...

I'm excited for this one too! And I love the cover, especially the cat-tails--a neat detail, I think.