Friday, September 24, 2010

Blog Hop and Follow Friday 9/24/10

Book Blogger Hop
Hey bloggers and readers!
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy for Books
Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View

This weeks Blog Hop question:
When you write reviews, do you write them as you are reading or wait until you have read the entire book?

My answer: I wait until I have finished the book before I start writing my reviews. I do this because often times the overall theme of the book is a process that takes the entire book to understand, and is powerfully concluded near the end. My rating for a book is decided upon the story, plot, theme, character development etc. which is hard to ascertain simply by reading and reviewing page by page. In my opinion, it takes the whole book to make it be "reviewable".

This weeks FF question:
What is your high fashion book? (Best cover ever!)

My answer: On The Adoration of Jenna Fox [Hardcover] book. there is a butterfly. If you look closely to the butterfly, a part of its left wing is missing. I would say close to ten percent. I will not say anymore about the wing, but for those of you who have read this book I hope you understand the importance of this. It's not the beauty of the cover that I love, but rather the important relation to the story from the cover.

Hoppers, I will follow you back if you let me know that you follow me!

While your here, don't forget to check out my 50 Followers Contest! Ends September 30.

11 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

stopping by on the Hop. Happy Friday! Here's my hop answer: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/09/hippity-hop-to-used-book-shop.html

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

I have that book and I can't believe I didn't notice that part of the wing was missing... how awesome?! I'm a new follower from the Blog Hop! :)

Kathy Habel said...

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

La Coccinelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my site! :)

I just got The Adoration of Jenna Fox, but it's in paperback. I think it has a girl with puzzle pieces or something... Now I'm curious about the butterfly! Guess I'll have to read that book soon (after I finish The Hunger Games, probably).

Have a great weekend!

Elizabeth said...

Just hopping by....

Stop by my blog if you get a chance for the answer to this week's questions…it was my question that was chosen…pretty neat.

I also have a lot of reviews you may want to check out.

Happy Hopping, Everyone....hop on over to my blog to see MY answer to MY question. :)

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

Thanks for the stopover, I am a follower from earlier. I love your blogs and your reviews.
Thanks again

Pris said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me 'back'! I was upset that I may not have actually been following you... but don't worry... I am! Have a great weekend!

Danna (Bananas For Books) said...

Oooo, I write a review the same way. Love the blog and can't wait to see more:) Happy reading!
-Danna from: http://friendlyreaderohyeah.blogspot.com

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I'm rather the same when writing reviews...I have to wait until I'm finished because I can't fully process it while I'm reading. At least I'm a bloody fast reader haha thank you for following my blog today!

I'm already following you :)

Suko said...

Hi, I am new to your blog from the Hop! I like your answer to the first question a lot; it does take reading the whole book to be "reviewable". Have a great weekend. :)

brave chickens said...

You answer to the Blog Hop question was answered perfectly! :)
Have a great weekend.